08-03-2026
©2026 BTMT-TJ
I have always been drawn to the places where opposites exist together. Joy and melancholy. Logic and emotion. The desire for certainty alongside a quiet openness to whatever life decides to bring next. There has always been something strangely beautiful about the tension between two things that seem as though they should never belong in the same space, yet somehow they do.
Sometimes I wonder whether those contradictions shaped the person I became, or whether I have always been the kind of person who naturally searched for them. Looking back, I am not sure there has ever been a time when life felt simple enough to fit neatly into one category or another. Every experience seemed to carry two truths at once, and I found myself trying to make sense of both.
My instinct has always been to analyze my emotions before allowing myself to experience them. Every ache becomes something to examine, every feeling turns into another question, and every question sends me searching for a deeper meaning. There are moments when I cannot decide whether I spend too much time thinking about what I feel, or feeling everything I think. Somewhere between those two extremes is where I have spent most of my life.
Maybe that is why the shoreline has always felt so familiar. It never demands that the sea become land or that the land become sea. Both are allowed to remain exactly what they are while meeting each other over and over again. There is something deeply reassuring about a place that makes room for differences without asking either side to change.
Standing there, my eyes drift toward the horizon where the sky and the water blend together so seamlessly that the boundary almost disappears. That quiet meeting place awakens something inside me that has always felt familiar. It is a mixture of peace and longing, contentment walking beside melancholy like lifelong companions. I have never been certain whether that is a gift or a burden.
Maybe it is the reason I can find traces of sadness even inside the happiest moments. I blow out birthday candles while realizing each new one quietly reminds me that time is moving forward. I laugh with people I love while wondering which ordinary afternoon will someday become a memory I wish I could revisit. I chase dreams with determination while still questioning whether they come from purpose or ambition. Every choice I make also carries countless possibilities I leave behind, because every yes quietly closes the door on so many other paths.
Maybe this is simply part of growing older. Maybe it is nothing more than the way some minds are wired to experience the world. I do not have a clear answer, and maybe I never will. That uncertainty no longer feels like something that must be solved. It feels more like something to accept.
Maybe this has always been where I belong, standing at the edge where opposing truths meet. The shoreline reminds me that life does not require every contradiction to be resolved before it can be beautiful. Some things are meant to exist together, even when they pull in different directions.
I will probably always wait for the next wave with equal parts hope and hesitation. I will probably still flinch when it arrives. Even so, I will continue standing there, believing that something meaningful can still reach me every time the tide rolls in.
.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment